Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Memories

When i think about Youth Camp, my thoughts does wander at times to my younger days when i was still in my early teens.

Some of the things i did as a young teen that never fails to bring a smile whenever i think about it, which you may be able to identify with:
1. Pack my bag 2-3 days ahead.
2. Bring double the clothes i need.
3. Going through the "Items to bring" checklist umpteen times to check whether i had missed anything (but sometimes boys being boys,we still end up forgetting something in the end)
4. Staying awake the whole night before camp/ waking up very early on the 1st day of camp.
5. Heart pounding hard till i see the first sign of the bus. I loved the bus rides.
6. Once reaching the campsite, rushing to the dorms to choose my bed.
7. Wishing that time flew faster till camp starts and then go slower during camp.
8. Having 'late night' chats.
9. Being second or third in the games wasnt an option.
10. During the worship session, you're as active as you have never been.

I've been attending 365's Youth Camp for the past 2 years. And although i dont do certain things that i used to do when i was younger ( eg. nowadays, i pack my bag one hour before leaving and i dont stay awake the whole night anymore :-P) BUT i still look forward for Youth Camp every year.
Why? Because.....
1. I always leave Youth Camp knowing that it was one of the best times i had during the year.
2. I always leave Youth Camp knowing someone better. And that the friends i 'found' during camp became lasting ones.

158 days to go. Excited? I am.

Samuel

No comments: